10 Facts About Coding If You Don't Know Anything About It
To put it simply, people write code, code powers computers and computers tell things like our phones and our hot water systems what to do. Many of these codes now work autonomously (they’ve been coded that way) so that computer programmers can focus their energies on other things such a websites, automated technology and algorithms. Here are 10 facts about coding if you don’t know anything about it:
- Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak, co-founders of Apple, began their coding careers as teenagers.
- 67% of all programming jobs are in industries outside of technology.
- Almost anything powered by electricity requires code.
- A coder’s job title can range from: coders, programmers, developers, computer scientists and software engineers.
- One in two jobs in Australia will require high-level programming and IT skills within 15 years.
About Code Camp
Code Camp is on a mission to empower kids to create anything they can imagine, and to inspire 200,000 Australian tech superheroes by 2020!